Hello! I am Katie Nix, therapist and owner of Bright Space Therapy. While I got my start working primarily with kiddos, over the years I have grown to love working with young adults in their 20’s/30’s. I am especially skilled at working with young adults who have experienced some form of relational trauma and want to work through it (narcissistic partners or parents, bullying, abandonment, grief and loss, etc). I currently split my time with clients and supervising new clinicians to help them grow their skills and work towards upgraded licensure.
I am a true extrovert and am so grateful I get to connect with people all day for work. My counseling style is rooted in a non-judgmental approach. I want to be a space where clients can be honest without fear or shame. I also utilize attachment theory, solution focused techniques, and client centered approaches. The relationship with your therapist is the most important factor for growth, and I do not take this lightly.
I am a researcher at heart, and you can often find me reading or listening to podcasts. I have a personal passion for nutritional wellness and practice nutritional counseling for clients who are interested. This may included recommending natural methods to increase metal health and wellness via supplements, routines, or light/dark therapies.
What I am currently reading:
- Anything murder mystery (Ruth Ware is my current favorite)
- Hold Me Tight by Sue Johnson
- No Bad Parts by Richard C. Schwartz
- Women, Food, and Hormones by Sara Gottfried
What I am currently listening to:
- The Huberman Lab
- We Can Do Hard Things
- The Skinny Confidential
Current Self Care I am loving:
- Morning sunlight in my eyes first thing
- Matcha Latte (almond milk) with magnesium, golden mind, collagen protein, and MCT oil in it. (Everything I drink is a bit of a potion)
- Studying my glucose levels and learning more about how they play a part in our wellness
Supplements I am currently taking:
Thanks for stopping by, and as always, feel free to reach out with any questions you may have for me!
Katie Nix, MA LPC- Supervisor